Remember sorting for certain directories

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
mklhmnn

Remember sorting for certain directories

Post by mklhmnn »

All my directories are sorted by extension, except of the directory where all my downloads go into. That is sorted by time. It would be cool if I could tell Altap Salamander to remember the sorting for this directory and for all others use the normal sorting.

Note: I don't want AS remember the sorting for every directory, just upon request.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
SelfMan

Re: Remember sorting for certain directories

Post by SelfMan »

Set the sorting you want and go to Options > Save configuration.
You've probably disabled the "Save configuration on exit" option in Options > Configuration > General.
mklhmnn

Post by mklhmnn »

According to my understanding this does not remember the sorting for this specific directory, but general. Just to name my need in other words: I need the sorting by time only for one specific directory, for all others I need sorting by extension.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Sorry, there is currently no way to do that. But you might find that CTRL+F3 to F6 are your friends.
Ctrl+F3 Sort files and directories in the active panel by name. Press the key again to reverse sort order.
Ctrl+F4 Sort files and directories in the active panel by extension. Press the key again to reverse sort order.
Ctrl+F5 Sort files and directories in the active panel by time. Press the key again to reverse sort order.
Ctrl+F6 Sort files and directories in the active panel by size. Press the key again to reverse sort order.
mklhmnn

Post by mklhmnn »

I know there is no such feature yet. I would not mind if this feature would only be available low-level, e.g. by manipulating registry.