easy shortcuts for 'file selection' using laptop keyboard

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
DavidDe

easy shortcuts for 'file selection' using laptop keyboard

Post by DavidDe »

Hello Loving Altap Salamander 2.54,

I would like you to offer a new, straightforward shortcut key for 'Invert Selection' which currently is set to (Num *) because I am using laptop keyboard and so I have to turn on Num Lock and then hit Ctr+P that is not cool. Loving you more when I see you with (Ctr+~) or (Ctr+') for Invert Selection function in your new version.

You're not Servant Salamander anymore but you're now my assistant administrator.
See you soon with V3 alpha :)
SvA

Re: easy shortcuts for 'file selection' using laptop keyboar

Post by SvA »

On my notebooks (different Fujitsu-Siemens models) Fn+P works wit NumLock off and P (with no modifier) with NumLock on.
DavidDe

Post by DavidDe »

Cool, I have Sony Vaio (VGN model) and Fn+p works fine for Invert Selection - Before this, for many years I was deprived from this function with shortcut key. TY
Ether

Post by Ether »

You can also use Alt+E,I (press and hold Alt, press E and then I, release Alt). I use this on my ThinkPad, which sadly doesn't have the Fn+P feature.
Ελληνικά rulez.
DavidDe

Post by DavidDe »

Thank you too SvA. For Invert Selection as my frequent using function "Alt+E I" is long. (Ctr+`) is ideal for this function hope to have this shortcut key in the new version.
TY
Ether

Post by Ether »

You can probably use AutoHotKey in the meantime.
Ελληνικά rulez.