Internal file viewer improvements

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
pchrst

Internal file viewer improvements

Post by pchrst »

Please add support for:

- jumping to a specific address (hex or decimal) when viewing a file in hex mode
- displaying utf8/16 text files (for eg. .reg files)

Thanks
Ether

Re: Internal file viewer improvements

Post by Ether »

+1 for Jump to address
(+1 for Unicode, but that's already high on the priority list)
Ελληνικά rulez.
zorglups

Post by zorglups »

(+1 for Unicode, but that's already high on the priority list)
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

Of course, Unicode support is already high on the priority list, but I have another feature request as well:
- is it possible for Salamander to keep a list of *.txt files memorizing their converting preferences?

The problem is that I have a lot of *.txt files with different code pages. Automatic converting option works in about 80% of all cases - it works well when opening CP866 and automatically converting it into CP1251, but when I open a CP1251 file, Salamander somehow often tries to convert it as 'ISO-8859-5 -> CP1251', so that I always have to manually choose 'No Convert' in the menu. And that goes for every time I open the file, which is rather inconvenient - maybe those options could be saved for all future uses? Or is there a way to tell internal viewer that I don't have any 'ISO-8859-5' files?
Ether

Post by Ether »

Yuriy wrote:Or is there a way to tell internal viewer that I don't have any 'ISO-8859-5' files?
You can modify your $(SalDir)\convert\cyrillic\convert.cfg file. There is a helpful description inside that tells you how to modify the file.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

Ether, thanks!
I just deleted that ISO-8859-5 line, and everything looks better now.