copy+move: Only newer files and do nothing on junctions

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
lexa

copy+move: Only newer files and do nothing on junctions

Post by lexa »

Hi all,

Is it possible, to integrate some new options on copy and move?

* I would like to skip all old files or in other words: only copy newer files, like midnight commander on linux do (Option "Update")
and
* Do not create empty dirs for junctions, but do nothing on it. That will be helpful for merging dirs, i.E. for tools like WinBuilder or other temporary backup directories like "c:\users\lexa" and "c:\users\lexa.bak"

EDIT:

* and, if possible, I would get a list.log at the end of a copy action with all files listet, which could not be copied because of errors in filenames, path too long, not readable. That makes possible to check these files and the reasons later - after all 383,031 files ;-)
Currently I have to cancel the operation and check 1-2-3 files I've written down and then I start copy again and wait for the next error.

--

Thanks and greetings, lexa
Regards, Axel
Ether

Re: copy+move: Only newer files and do nothing on junctions

Post by Ether »

lexa wrote:I would like to skip all old files or in other words: only copy newer files, like midnight commander on linux do (Option "Update")
If you click on Options in the Copy/Move dialog, you'll see there's an option exactly like that.
Ελληνικά rulez.