Forced upgrades

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
loum@innotechsystems.com

Forced upgrades

Post by loum@innotechsystems.com »

I'd like a version where I wasn't forced to upgrade every few months. Also, when I am forced to upgrade it would be great if all prior versions of Salamander, their sub-directories, and shortcuts were cleared/deleted.
gururamnath

Post by gururamnath »

if you have a bought the 2.0 version then your existing configurations are automatically imported.

Apart from that, if you are using the demo version, you are allowed to use it only for 30 days then you need to either uninstall the program or buy a license.

As you might have experienced that these guys are not forcing anyone to pay; It will be good for us to support these guys by buying a license and keep them in the business.

-Guru Kathiresan
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Forced upgrades

Post by Jan Rysavy »

loum@innotechsystems.com wrote:I'd like a version where I wasn't forced to upgrade every few months. Also, when I am forced to upgrade it would be great if all prior versions of Salamander, their sub-directories, and shortcuts were cleared/deleted.
Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1 is the latest time-limited version you had to install. Before this version will expire, there will be available final (time-unlimited) version 2.5.

When you install the new version of Servant Salamander (and start it), you can uninstall the old version. Use Windows menu Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
AbteriX

Re: Forced upgrades

Post by AbteriX »

loum@innotechsystems.com wrote:I'd like a version where I wasn't forced to upgrade every few months. ..
If you have a bought the 2.0 version then you have a version who never expires.

The version 2.5 is still in beta phase for testers and runs only 3 (now 6) months.
AbteriX