Alternative Tab hotkey

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
mdruiter

Alternative Tab hotkey

Post by mdruiter »

I often use Salamander on a remote machine, working through terminal session in the browser (Juniper Network Connect). Of course I use the Tab key a lot. Unfortunately, it's ultimately interpreted as the i key, so instead of switching to the inactive tab, the cursor jumps to the first file that starts with the letter 'i' in the active tab... :-(
That's why I ask for an alternative shortcut key to switch tabs. Ctrl+Z?

Some other keys don't work, like Ctrl+. and Ctrl+;, but I miss Tab the most.
Ether

Re: Alternative Tab hotkey

Post by Ether »

Have you tried using AutoHotkey? From my perspective, having arbitrary redundant shortcuts in Salamander is not good.

Too bad the feature in Options > Configuration... > Keyboard is still not implemented.
Ελληνικά rulez.
mdruiter

Post by mdruiter »

In many cases I cannot install extra software, aside from AS.
I noticed some other commands have duplicate shortcuts.
Having every key configurable would be great or course...
Ether

Post by Ether »

I believe AutoHotkey doesn't need to be installed and if you can run Salamander, you should be able to run AutoHotkey as well. To be clear, I'm proposing an AH script that would simulate a Tab when Ctrl+Z is pressed and Salamander's window is active.

Also, if you are to learn a new shortcut anyway, how about Alt+F1,Esc and Alt+F2,Esc? Would these work with the terminal software?
Ελληνικά rulez.
Ludwighysly

Post by Ludwighysly »

I would also suggest that if the change were made that the key combination be Ctrl-Alt-alphabet or Ctrl-Shift-alphabet.
mdruiter

Post by mdruiter »

Ether wrote:how about Alt+F1,Esc and Alt+F2,Esc?
Unfortunately, Alt+F2,Esc minimizes the active window (Salamander) :?. Alt+F1,Esc does work, thanks for suggesting!
I might try AutoHotkey some day. But configurable Salander keys would be best of course.