Find duplicates and select duplicates

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
otrov

Find duplicates and select duplicates

Post by otrov »

Find duplicates is great feature to Find dialog, although I think it's a little buried in the menu and not that easily discoverable.

If I don't miss something obvious I would like to suggest a little enhancement to this action.
For example take a look at this result:

I had to select each duplicate by hand, which was very boring task, and generally if you are doing repetitive action with a computer, you are most probably doing something wrong.
I was also aware that I may accidentally double-click some item and launch all selected files by mistake.

What I want to suggest is a tick box in Find duplicates dialog, that will select all duplicate files and leave unique unselected, so that I can easily delete them.
But how to choose which is unique in a group of duplicate files? I don't have great answer, but using sort and selected all but first item would be acceptable in most cases I guess. (Or sort and select the newest/oldest)

Thanks
fraktik

Re: Find duplicates and select duplicates

Post by fraktik »

otrov wrote:But how to choose which is unique in a group of duplicate files? I don't have great answer, but using sort and selected all but first item would be acceptable in most cases I guess. (Or sort and select the newest/oldest)
For this reason i still use sw CloneSpy - there you can choose from:
  • - older/newer
    - shorter/longer patch/filename/patch+filename
    - first finded (they have 2 pools)