Customizeable Email... (Ctrl+E) function

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
freckyo

Customizeable Email... (Ctrl+E) function

Post by freckyo »

Hi!

I make frequent use oft the nice Email function. It opens a new message window with the selected file attached. The body of the message contains the sentence: "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message."

As I often write some words to the message's recipient, I always have to delete this sentence.
Is it possible to customize the Email function, so that the user can define his preferred default subject and message-body?
In addition it would be useful, if one could define additional arguments which are passed to the default mail-client, similar to the User Menu configuration page. I assume, this could be difficult, as the function uses the operating system's settings for mailto-URLs. So, I already would be lucky, if I could define the content of the mail's subject and message-body.

Servant Salamander is a great product! I'm looking forward to the final version of Salamander 2.5! :-)

- freckyo
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

I have a suspicion that the message subject and body are auto-generated by your email client, which I think is Thunderbird, because I get exactly the same texts when I use this function.

SS merely sends the file(s) to your email client; it doesn't edit email messages neither sends them through SMTP.

Try Ctrl+E in SS and afterwards "Right mouse click->Send-To->Mail Recipient" in the Windows explorer" menu. Does your email client create the same message?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

"Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." is a Servant Salamander message (we can change it).
jis

Post by jis »

hotdog wrote:I have a suspicion that the message subject and body are auto-generated by your email client, which I think is Thunderbird, because I get exactly the same texts when I use this function.
No, the message is generated by Salamander.
hotdog wrote:Try Ctrl+E in SS and afterwards "Right mouse click->Send-To->Mail Recipient" in the Windows explorer" menu. Does your email client create the same message?
No, see message from Salamander:

Code: Select all

Your files are attached and ready to send with this message.
versus message from Explorer:

Code: Select all

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
ds.txt

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.
Altap Salamander fan since 1998
freckyo

Post by freckyo »

Jan Rysavy wrote:"Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." is a Servant Salamander message (we can change it).
That would be really nice!