Remove history item

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
otrov

Remove history item

Post by otrov »

For example, in Firefox when I hover over item from list dropdown and press Delete key, that item is removed from history.

I want to suggest this feature for "Command line" input box history and "List of working directories" history. Maybe also for other places for which AS is saving history
Ether

Re: Remove history item

Post by Ether »

This "hover over suggestion in a list and press Del" invention is terrible - I don't think there is any other case when an application reacts to pressing keys differently depending on where is the mouse cursor positioned. This is enhanced by the fact that when the list appears, focus is on a text input field, so it's very probable the user's typing something and he/she may be using Del during the typing to delete letters from the input field.

Anyway, this is just my opinion on the idiom, and if most people are okay with it, then why not implement it.
Ελληνικά rulez.
otrov

Post by otrov »

I won't debate over this particular implementation, as I mentioned Firefox because it's popular software. Implementation detail can be sensitive to developers.

Here is for example another approach (foobar2000):

context menu with remove history item is triggered by right clicking on dropdown arrow.

Perhaps there are also other ways to do the same and remove unwanted history item without deleting whole history.
Ether

Post by Ether »

In the meantime, I think (I'm only guessing because I have history disabled) you can delete history items directly in the registry (don't forget to back up your configuration and close Salamander before changing anything).
Ελληνικά rulez.