Branch View

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

Sorry, but this thread has become confusing...

I thought this topic was about "Branch View" or "Flat View"... NOT the (hoped for) folder tree panel, which is a completely separate issue and should be implemented into the Salamander interface differently from Branch (or Flat) view.
Mouse-centric, Registered
Hawkeye

Norton File Manger 5.0c - Branch View

Post by Hawkeye »

Looking at the updated roadmap on the main page is from January, it contains no information on any type of branch mode.

In the Norton File Manger, by clicking an icon, "Show Entire Branch", in the lower right corner of the screen, the panel would show a list of all the files in the current directory and all the subdirectories as if they all were in the same directory. A new column, "Folder", is displayed to show the path and is sortable as well.

I like the all the features and the direction on where the Servant Salamander is headed. I believe this is a MUST feature for a full featured file manager. I want to use one file manager, not multiple ones, because one is in this program and one feature in that program.

If it would be helpful, I can provide screen shots, as needed.

Thanks,
-=Majkl=-

Re: Branch View

Post by -=Majkl=- »

This feature has been on the roadmap for 7 years without any resolution... :roll: I already switched to another product and I am afraid that I won't buy new version until this and another features requested in 2007 or earlier are implemented... :roll:
vld

Post by vld »

-=Majkl=- wrote:This feature has been on the roadmap for 7 years without any resolution... :roll: I already switched to another product and I am afraid that I won't buy new version until this and another features requested in 2007 or earlier are implemented... :roll:
It's a long Roadmap :lol:

What did you switch to? As I see it, this product is dead.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We feel three major tasks must be finished before all other features: x64, UAC, and Unicode. We have all other requested features in our to-do list (514KB of plain text).

Altap Salamander is definitely not dead, we are preparing release of version 3.0, see http://www.altap.cz/salamander/downloads/eap/