Confirmation dialog on doube-click multiple selected files

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
otrov

Confirmation dialog on doube-click multiple selected files

Post by otrov »

I did this terrible scenario couple of times. Last time being just now, while trying to move ~30 PDF files, and thought to suggest addition to "Confirmations" configuration dialog.
Perhaps, make it off by default but allow user preference of double checking this potentially catastrophic behavior.
It's not that uncommon double click to be triggered on accident, and if I could choose I would tick it on.
mdruiter

Re: Confirmation dialog on doube-click multiple selected fil

Post by mdruiter »

Was this in the Find Files list? I reported this as a problem before.
otrov

Post by otrov »

Yes it was.
So this looks like a bug or misfortune design of find dialog, as I can't make to launch bunch of selected files just by double clicking elsewhere, including Explorer and Explorer's search mode

PS. IIRC that is how Nautilus file manager behaves on Linux - allows launching multiple selected files. I can't make use of it, without confirmation dialog guarding from accidental double-clicking.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I have fixed this behavior in Find dialog. In new version, double click and Enter key open focused file or directory (not all selected ones as in Explorer). You can still use Open command from right click context menu to open all selected files if you need it. And you cannot open focused file or directory by double clicking in empty space, you must double click on file or directory. Right click context menu newly opens only when clicking on selected files and directories (not also when clicking in white space like in Explorer).