Smartphone support

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Waard Huizen

Smartphone support

Post by Waard Huizen »

Hello,
I have been a satisfied Salamander user for many years and applaud the continuing development of this program.
One feature I would very much like to see is support for attached devices, such as a smartphone.
If I want to access files on my smartphone now (attached via a USB cable) I have to open the Windows explorer.
There I an see an icon for my smartphone as a device (like an extra disk drive) under "Computer".
By double-clicking this icon I can access all files and folders in the internal memory as well as on the SD-card.

This would be very nice to have in Altap Salamander!
Ether

Re: Smartphone support

Post by Ether »

The developers plan to support smartphones, cloud storages and other Explorer-based folders and drives at some point in the future, but they're not actively working on it now and probably won't be in the near future. For more information on this, look at this post about Folders plugin.

On the other hand, a lot of devices support connecting to the computer in Mass Storage mode. Have you tried looking in the device's settings if there's an option for that? If you tell us the brand and model of your device, we could help you.
Ελληνικά rulez.
RobertL

Post by RobertL »

Thank you for your reply. I looked at the discussion about the folders plugin and this would probably be fine.
Too bad work on it was suspended, but you have other priorities.
I am not familiar with "mass storage mode" on my smartphone so any help from you would be appreciated.
The smartphone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300.

Thanks again!
Tomas Kopal
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Tomas Kopal »

Simple google search returns e.g. this: http://tutznet.com/enable-mass-storage- ... xy-s3.html. But you need to have your phone rooted. If you don't want to do that, you will have to wait till Salamander supports MTP protocol.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

See Portable Devices plugin.