Gmail Drive

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
hyperman

Gmail Drive

Post by hyperman »

Is a support for gmail drive intended?
Stepan

Re: Gmail Drive

Post by Stepan »

hyperman wrote:Is a support for gmail drive intended?
I have already asked Altap developers for this feature (via email) but they not respond. IMHO GmailFS (gmail drive) is sometimes blocked by GMAIL servers. Am I right?
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

you must install ever the last version of the software.

then no problems with connection.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

hyperman wrote:you must install ever the last version of the software.

then no problems with connection.
Could you please explain?
Jinx

GMail Drive Support

Post by Jinx »

I definitely hope they decide to create an official support forum somewhere for this drive. I am using the newest version and have run into an issue regarding termination of (BB) connection during a transfer. Afterward, despite a restart and network cycle, GMail Drive still reports its inability to connect, though all other internet applications are able. And yes, I've tried disabling my firewall. I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling GMail Drive (with a reboot in between, of course). Only thing left is to power cycle my router to see if perhaps somehow the connection is hung there but not my computer. I don't even know if that's possible, but I'm going to try cycling now. I just wanted to note that there are issues beyond simply "downloading the latest version."

Also, thanks to the forum owners here for not requiring registration--very convenient to post.
Jinx

Update

Post by Jinx »

After power cycling my router, GMail Drive still fails to work. It worked with no problems prior to my connection terminating during a transfer, but now it fails on every attempt. This is definitely a software issue, because TCPView doesn't even show GMail Drive attempting to connect. /sigh. If anyone else is experiencing similar problems, let me know.
MrAsker

Post by MrAsker »

First, I'd LOVE to see Gmail FS/GSpace/GDrive/... in ServantSalamander! It would really be a useful addition to the FTP client and the WinSCP client.

Secondly, I use GSpace in Firefox and it works like a charm. Go check it out!
joanar

I'd love to see Gmail Drive supported in Servant Salamander

Post by joanar »

When I was convinced that I'd never use Windows Explorer again, I'm forced to keep using it to access Gmail Drive. :cry:

It would be fantastic that a Gmail Drive unit could be mapped from Servant Salamander in the same way you can map your Mobile Device or an ftp site.

I think I don't need to describe what Gmail Drive is. However, just in case, this is a freeware shell extension for Windows Explorer that mounts a file system on your gmail account. This way, all the space in your gmail account can be used as a remote data storage (more info at http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm ).

Since I use Servant Salamander, it is difficult for me go back and use Windows Explorer again. However, I need to do it if I want to interact with my Gmail Drive. I hope you consider this feature! :wink:

Re: I'd love to see Gmail Drive supported in Servant Salaman

Post by Guest »

Did you know that in Firefox you can install a plugin called GSpace?

However, I'd prefer to have all of this in Servant Salamander!

joanar wrote:I think I don't need to describe what Gmail Drive is. However, just in case, this is a freeware shell extension for Windows Explorer that mounts a file system on your gmail account. This way, all the space in your gmail account can be used as a remote data storage (more info at http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm ).
joanar

I didn't, but...

Post by joanar »

Hi,

No, I didn't know this plug in for Firefox. Anyway, I still think that the real power to deal with Gmail Drive is having it integrated into Servant Salamander. This way, your operability with remote devices is centralized into a single place, no matter if this is a mobile device, and ftp site or a gmail-based driver. Additionally, it would give your Gmail Driver all the power and flexibility of file management in Servant Salamander.

Anyway, thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.
Hyperman

Post by Hyperman »

The Desktop Link for Gmail Drive is
::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{2B3453E4-49DF-11D3-8229-0080BE509050}

This Link doesn´t work within Servant Salamander.

Please integrate gmail in the Salamander.
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

hyperman wrote:Can anybody translate this?
Luckily, we are not Soviet Republic ;-)

Try http://www.google.com/language_tools
(Russian to English)
KNUT

Post by KNUT »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Luckily, we are not Soviet Republic ;-)
Ha, ha, haaaaaa :P :P :P
Kind regards, KNUT

Post by maxovt »

hyperman wrote:Can anybody translate this?

http://max.nnm.ru/gmail_drive_v_total_commander
WTF? :o TС?! :shock: No way, man! :P
My deepest apologies for my awful English.