touch command

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Jari

touch command

Post by Jari »

As a software designer I would love to find *nix style "touch" command integrated into Servant Salamander.

The main use of touch is to update the timestamp on a file; if you touch an existing file, it changes the last modification date of that file to now. That feature is often needed when re-compiling software packages.

Of course it is possible to have an extarnal touch and have it in user menu (as I have now), but still it would be more handy to have the same functionality integrated.
Mem

Re: touch command

Post by Mem »

When I need to change timestamp of all files in (sub)directories (e.g. for making installation package of it), I simply use Ctrl+F2, "Include subdirectories", click the datetimes, "Set current" and that's it. You know this feature and find it unsuitable for your needs?
mazy

Post by mazy »

for me, using this general 'change attributes' dialog is cumbersome for something like 'touch' ... i would like to have something faster at my disposal - like menu item and / or keyboard shortcut ...
therube

Post by therube »

Change Date and Time - "Touch" Command

The "Touch" command in SS 2.0 was very beneficial.

No "Touch" command, per say you say, but with two (or more) files highlighted ...
Ctrl+F2 | Alt+N | CR
quickly & effectively touched the marked files.

In SS 2.5 doing the same is highly cumbersome.
Ctrl+F2 | Alt+M | spacebar | CR
is just not the same.

Even if the Alt+M automatically checkmarked the date box, would be beneficial.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
mailyourmom

Post by mailyourmom »

Have you ever used AutoIT?