Filter mask option for Folders

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
MrAsker

Filter mask option for Folders

Post by MrAsker »

I'd like the Folder filter to also be optionally applied to Folder names, not just file namnes.

E.g. I am comparing download files with downloaded folder names. Filtering on the files is good but then I would like to also apply the same filtering on the folders that the download files are automatically put into. This is since when you download the downloaded files are automatically put in seperate folder and the folder name is the same as the download file name.

I do understand that this is something that I want sometimes and sometimes not so I would prefer if the folder filtering is optional or not.
Ether

Re: Filter mask option for Folders

Post by Ether »

Sometimes I find myself in a similar situation and find Save Selection, Load Selection and Make File List commands very useful. In your case, I'd guess that making a file list from the files with the Line '$(FileNamePart)$(CRLF)' and loading selection (from Clipboard) would do the trick.
Ελληνικά rulez.