Append to existing FTP Transfer

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
MrAsker

Append to existing FTP Transfer

Post by MrAsker »

When we do normal (smb) file copy/move we can choose to wait for previous copy/move to finish. I'd like the same functionality for the FTP client.

IMHO it should be presented as a "append to existing file transfer"-option. The result should be that the new copy should be appended to the end of the existing transfer window/list.

This is useful when you are copying multiple folders in different locations from one server and want to have the first transfer finish before you start the next from the same server. The way it works right now is that it sets up another transfer and they have to share the bandwidth, which is fine for 2-3 transfers but not if I add "20" transfers. As it is now I set up all the transfers and manually check on them to make sure that 2-3 of them are active at the same time. It would be much better if Salamander can do this for me for FTP as it can for normal (smb) copy/move actions.
therube

Re: Append to existing FTP Transfer

Post by therube »

From time to time, most often when hunting bugs, I'll download multiple versions of a program. Theoretically testing one, downloading a second, finishing testing, "queuing" another (which I cannot do, currently) as the second is just about finishing downloading, testing two, (now) downloading three, ...

Adding to a queue would come in handy from time to time.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54