Shred files in the background

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Brainphart

Shred files in the background

Post by Brainphart »

If Altap Salamander would shred files as a background process it would improve my productivity. As it stands, I have to open a second instance to continue working while files are shredded.

Thanks!
Slanec

Re: Shred files in the background

Post by Slanec »

This is also true for (un)Packing, (en/de)Crypting, Undeleting...
Hell, the "only" function in Salamander that supports inBackground (and Queueing!) is Copy/Move.

It is on the developers' TODO. For like ten years. After the Salamander code is migrated to VS2010, enriched with Unicode support, UAC support, after x64 version is released, thed hopefully we'll get queued processes running in background. And tabs. So, in, like, another ten years :).

Be patient. Or just get used to run many instances of Salamander as it is the current official way. And because of Salamanders VERY low memory footprint, it shouldn't be a technical problem. Yes, it could be more comfortable... :?
omega

Post by omega »

In the mean time use your 2nd instance to work as a workaround :mrgreen: Opening a 2nd one won't eat up alot of memory and only takes a few seconds to start up so i don't see u huge increase in productivity. UAC, Unicode, X64 are more urgent :lol:
Brainphart

Post by Brainphart »

omega wrote:In the mean time use your 2nd instance to work as a workaround :mrgreen: Opening a 2nd one won't eat up alot of memory and only takes a few seconds to start up so i don't see u huge increase in productivity. UAC, Unicode, X64 are more urgent :lol:
True. Just a wish. :wink: X64 is more important to me, too.
ino

Post by ino »

omega wrote:UAC, Unicode, X64 are more urgent :lol:
That's true. However I hope the development of new features will not be stopped after implementing this three most requesting features.

Therefor it its important to keep users reporting bugs (if any) and requests for new functionality which should be added on the wish list.
omega

Post by omega »

Ofcourse development will not be stopped and more great feature requests should continue to be made. That's why i said in the mean time he will just have to use 2 instances while urgent things have higher priority. :mrgreen: