Can the IFileIsInUse Interface be used in Salamander?

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Andre.Ziegler

Can the IFileIsInUse Interface be used in Salamander?

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

If an app implements the IFileIsInUse Interfacethe Explorer shows which program has the file open if you try to move or delete that open file. Can this be used in Salamander, too like in this competitive tool http://blog.speedproject.de/2007/06/15/ ... verwendet/ ?
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."
SelfMan

Re: Can the IFileIsInUse Interface be used in Salamander?

Post by SelfMan »

You should be aware of Unlocker
(Do a custom setup, as there is some add stuff added. Also some antivirus programs may alert you because of this. The program it self is just fine.)
Andre.Ziegler

Re: Can the IFileIsInUse Interface be used in Salamander?

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

I don't need unlocker, I use ProcEx to search for the handle and close it. I'm here in the Feature Request forums so I want to request that feature and no workaround.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."