Filter, Ctrl+F12, Should it apply to Archives?

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
therube

Post by therube »

If you filter (files in) a directory panel, then open an archive ("folder") that matches the filter, should the archive be filtered too?

So you filter on *zip*.

You get abc.zip, 123.zip.
You click on abc.zip, but it "appears" empty, cause there are no embedded zips.

Which means you need to clear your filters to see the files within.
But when you back out from the zip, your filters are still off, so instead of only seeing "zip", you're seeing everything again.

How about a change in the dialog, such that if "Use filter:" is selected, other checkboxes are enabled, to "Apply to archives too:" (& "Apply to directories too:", for that matter).
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Ether

Re: Filter, Ctrl+F12, Should it apply to Archives?

Post by Ether »

I think this is a slightly larger issue. The filter should ideally be able to work using arbitrary number of criteria with different operands (e.g. is *.zip AND is a file OR is *.zip/*) and have extensive and extensible criteria set, but the specific feature you're missing is filtering by the file path (currently the filter works on file names), so you could say that you want *.zip and *.zip/*, i.e. all zips and all files inside a zip.

As a workaround, I recommend having the filter on in one panel and opening the archives in the other, preferably by focusing the archive and hitting the Ctrl+Shift+Left or the Ctrl+Shift+Right shortcut (depends on which panel is which).
Ελληνικά rulez.