Change Toolbar icons

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Andre.Ziegler

Change Toolbar icons

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

Thanks for version 4,

can we change the toolbar icons back to the old one? I don't really like the new ones.

Best would be the option to select different icon sets similar to IrfanView ( https://www.irfanview.com/skins.htm )
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Change Toolbar icons

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Delete all SVG files in Altap Salamander\toolbars and restart Salamander.

It is also possible to put different icon set there.
Andre.Ziegler

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

thanks, but now the buttons have the color even if I don't hover over the toolbar entries like in 3.08. This also confuses me a lot as long time Salamander user
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."
Andre.Ziegler

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

Andre.Ziegler wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 10:37 the buttons have the color even if I don't hover over the toolbar entries like in 3.08. This also confuses me a lot as long time Salamander user
how can I fix this? Those colored icons drive me insane and I'm just about to reinstall 3.08
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Right now... using Resource Hacker edit salamand.exe
salamand.png
salamand.png (69.19 KiB) Viewed 10574 times
Export toolbar image, convert it using Paint.NET to grayscale and save back into Salamander. Highlighted icons will stay grayscale. Another option would be convert SVG images from Altap Salamander\toolbars into grayscale (using Inkscape).

Latest Microsoft Office and Visual Studio 2019 are using color icons so we removed grayscale conversion from Salamander. We would like to switch to SVG icons.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Hi, Just my 5c here. I absolutely dont mind the new icons. They are almost identical to the old ones. Just tweaked a bit.
I am still on windows 7 and for me, there is almost no diference as the only Icon I do click time to time is the CMD one.
In regards of Salamander, I am a keboard shortcut user. I could have the icons toolbar turned off.
Andre.Ziegler

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

Jan Rysavy wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 07:54 Export toolbar image, convert it using Paint.NET to grayscale and save back into Salamander. Highlighted icons will stay grayscale. Another option would be convert SVG images from Altap Salamander\toolbars into grayscale (using Inkscape).
But I would like to have the switch back. Grayscale by default, if you put mouse over, activate colored icon for this toolbar item.
Jan Rysavy wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 07:54 Latest Microsoft Office and Visual Studio 2019 are using color icons so we removed grayscale conversion from Salamander. We would like to switch to SVG icons.
this is the reason why I don't use Office any longer, the ugly blurry icons