Flagging files

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
otrov

Flagging files

Post by otrov »

Here is some unorthodox idea, which may not be appreciated with the AS simple philosophy, but I want to know what others thinks, if any ;)

Idea is optional flag column, aside normal selecting AS functionality. Lets say I'm working on a large list of files and I flag set of files "red", then others "blue", then some "green" etc to some number of available flags (which I can't think of how many flags there should be, but let's say 5 color flags). So when I use some action on red flagged files, that action should be run on that set of files (in case of overlapping flags, or if file has more then one flag, user confirmation can be asked). It can be set on folder bases within AS (hardly likely) or on pane view instance, so when leaving that folder flags are reseted

Sometimes I find selecting files limited - file can be either selected on not, and in this way some king of simple temporal tagging can be realized. Filters are good in their own way, but can't accomplish what flags could (which are not limited to name masks). AS actions should default on selected files, but on user choice those (in appropriate dialogs for actions on set of files) flagged files could take precedence over selected files.

OK, that's it. I was working on a large set of files and stopped to post about it. Let's back to work on those files

:)
KNUT

Re: Flagging files

Post by KNUT »

Nice idea! :D
Kind regards, KNUT

Re: Flagging files

Post by Ether »

Kind of a nice way would be utilizing NTFS ADS for this.
Ελληνικά rulez.