Compare Directories to CD & Date Time

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
therube

Compare Directories to CD & Date Time

Post by therube »

Does my argument hold water? I'm getting more confused the more I look?

I'll let you stew on this for a while ...

FIRST me point out that I was (initially) comparing a downloaded (sfx) ZIP archive to an existing CD.

Second, there are differences when the ZIP is extracted - depending upon the utility used.
Like Unzip (date/time) are different from Salamander's unzip (zip.spl, is it?).

Copying CD contents to HDD does compare to the contents then on disk.
Copying CD contents to HDD does compare (+- one hour) to an Unzip archive extraction.
Copying CD contents to HDD does not compare to an Salamander unzip archive extraction. (In which case things could be off by 1 or 2 or 13 hours?)

Maybe this is actually an issue with the ZIP plugin, or comparisons from within?

-------

Compare Directories (CTRL+F10) to CDROM - Date, Time Issues

When Comparing Directories & one of the directories is a CD source, appears there can be date/time issues of (is it) 12 hours +- 1 hour.

The same way that there is a setting for "true" directories to allow for +- one or two hour differences, could there be something similar when comparing to CD's.

Appears differences could be either 1 hour or 2 hours or 13 hours (or 14 hours compared with Info-ZIP?)?

(Also note that an ZIP archive extracted with Info-ZIP's UnZip may display similar issues. Files extracted using Salamanders ZIP utilities do not.)

(View Image to see full size, if needed.)
E: is CD, Right hand pane is ZIP (sfx).
setup.exe is off by 12 (AM vs PM) + 1 hours.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54