Ability to Drag/Drop Parent Directory "Icon"

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
therube

Ability to Drag/Drop Parent Directory "Icon"

Post by therube »

RFE: Ability to Drag/Drop Parent Directory "Icon"

Often I drag/drop a directory entry from Salamander into another application.

Most often I am already in the current directory that I wish to drag, but in order to do so, I need to first back up to the parent directory, then sitting on the directory name that I was just in, drag it to the other application. (And from there, I would usually return back to the subdirectory I just exited from.)

It would be much easier if I could simply drag the parent directory "icon" (!..) while in the directory itself.

(Yes I know the Alt+INS shortcut, but not all applications will allow a Paste operation.)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Ether

Re: Ability to Drag/Drop Parent Directory "Icon"

Post by Ether »

I'd like to point out that the parent directory (..) is not what you want to drop into the other application, it's rather the current directory. It would make more sense if one could drag the icon of the current directory (situated f.i. besides the Directory Line), as it is possible with Windows Explorer(*).

*] The exact position of this draggable icon depends on Windows version. I think that Vista+ version put the icon to the left of the address field and 2000-XP allows to drag the application icon in the titlebar).
Attachments
draggable-icon-as-vs-wexplorer.png
draggable-icon-as-vs-wexplorer.png (21.87 KiB) Viewed 6529 times
Ελληνικά rulez.
therube

Post by therube »

I'd like to point out that the parent directory (..) is not what you want to drop into the other application, it's rather the current directory.
Technically correct :-).
th.

Post by th. »

You can drag and drop the current path name into other programs, but only as text as it seems. Perhaps this could be enhanced.
therube

Post by therube »

Related, Path Copy Copy.

Likewise, Patch Copy Copy's 'Copy Unix Path', mentioned here, copy Unix path.