Network Plugin: Remote shell

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
th.

Network Plugin: Remote shell

Post by th. »

For remote maintenance I often use psexec to open a remote command shell on other network computers. It would be great if the network plugin would allow the use of the user menu so a menu entry could be created to do this.

Additionally, could a remote shell instead of a local one be opened on Num / when a computername is selected?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Network Plugin: Remote shell

Post by Jan Rysavy »

So what you need is option to pass focused servername into the User Menu as parameter?
th.

Post by th. »

Yes, and the User Menu has to be enabled (it is disabled now when the network plugin is in the active panel).
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We are not sure if enabling User Menu for file systems and archivers is a way to go. Right now the User Menu is closely associated with disk paths.

There is one relatively easy way to solve your problem: write simple plugin, just extension of Salamander Plugins menu.
It is possible to add desired commands there and get content of the Name column even from file system plugins (such as Network plugin).

Such plugin should be really simple, approximately 5KB of source code in Visual C++ (Express Edition).
th.

Post by th. »

It seems like you are challenging me :D
Anyway, I did some registry hacking to get a solution for me: I added a custom entry in the folder context menu.