Search Window / Font Size

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Fuzzi

Search Window / Font Size

Post by Fuzzi »

Hi all :-)
..first sorry abot my bad English, its not my natural Language...

I Use the Servant Salamander since the v1.52.. ..now under Windows 7/x64
Now i must order a thing that bother me a looong Time, and i think im not alone with this Problem :?

Every time i use the Search-Function, and see the list of results in this low Font-Size, i must use the magnifier from Windows that i can read
what i see. The same is in the Rename-Fields, and my Monitor-Size is "only" 24" 16/10
What the hell do the People with a Monitor 30" or bigger..?
..and bevor u ask: yes i have special glasses for using Computer, and use my glasses.

My Wish is that i can adjust the Font-Size for this Things (and for the Menu-Fonts)

Ok thats it, thank you, and i hope my Wishes come true :D

..Happy new Year 8)
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Search Window / Font Size

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please show us screenshot with described problem. It is possible to attach .PNG image to the post.

What Salamander version are you using?
Fuzzi

Post by Fuzzi »

Hi, thank you for the reply :-)

I Use the actual Version v3.08 /x64 under Windows 7 Ultimate

I only want/wish a possibility to Change the Font-Size in the list of results of the Search-Function, the Rename-Function and the
Fonts in the Menus.
Im not a Programmer, i dont now how difficult this wishes are to realize, so i hope one Day it comes :wink:

attachment=0]Rename.png[/attachment]
Search.png
Search.png (152.54 KiB) Viewed 9008 times
Attachments
Rename.png
Rename.png (10.22 KiB) Viewed 9008 times
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Its not a perfect solution, but how about lowering your monitors resolution from 1920x1200 to the next lower value?
Click on your desktop with the right mouse button and select "Screen resolution" option (or go Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution) and then in the pulldown "Resolution" menu choose the next lower value, which in your case should be 1680 1050 (WSXGA+). This will have the "zoom" effect on all the content.
In many cases this solution is prefered against the DPI setting change (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display) as the ammount od DPI Aware applications is low...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Fuzzi wrote:The same is in the Rename-Fields, and my Monitor-Size is "only" 24" 16/10
What the hell do the People with a Monitor 30" or bigger..?
What display resolution are you using? Maybe increasing display DPI would help?