dropdown of directories from Directory line

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
teutonic

dropdown of directories from Directory line

Post by teutonic »

I would love to see a dropdown list for each directory in the Directory Line, similar to the way it is done in Windows Explorer
2016-11-26_094914.jpg
2016-11-26_094914.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 6156 times
SelfMan

Re: dropdown of directories from Directory line

Post by SelfMan »

May I ask why? You already have the list in the view itself. For quick access, you only need to enterthe first 2 or 3 characters of the directory's name.
If you need to move between previously viewed folders, then use ALt+arrow left, to move back in the history. Or Alt+F12 to enter the list of work directories.
To utilize Salamnder's powers, you need to avoid the use of a mouse/touchpad and learn atleast some keyboard shotcuts. Its so much quicker then moving the mouse pointer around.

Run Salamander, hit F1, and in the help open Shortcuts > Keybooard shortcuts and read all of them. You might find some you didnt know about and which can make your work process with files much effective.

EDIT:
If you have a list of folders you are accessing the most, add them to the 10 hot paths (CTRL+1 to 0 on the keyboard)
If you have more of them, you can utilize the user menu as I've described in a previous post of mine.