user menu enhancements

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
mazy

user menu enhancements

Post by mazy »

some enhancements to the user menu system:

- user should be able to tick 'separator' checkbox directly after creating new menu item using 'new' button or insert key. at the moment, you have to enter at least non-empty name for such an item before you can declare it to be a separator

- new item should be created after the focused item, not at the end of the list (meybe you could keep the current behaviour and add shortcut like shift+insert for that new one).

- it would be great if there was any kind of visual feedback on items' nesting. i.e. identing submenu items by the width of icon etc. i can imagine that there could be display problems when for example moving '(submenu end)' item though. maybe you should implement the view using treeview.

- option to show / hide the menu item based on provided mask and the focused file / directory name (i.e. show 'cdisplay' only for *.cbr;*.cbz files etc.). there could be distinction whether it should work in user menu bar also or not.

- way to hanle multiple selected files. at the moment, it would execute the command for all the selected files one by one. there should be an option to execute it just once with all the files selected as parameters.

imho the easiest way would be to add a checkbox named like 'repeat arguments for all items', 'execute once' or 'loop arguments'. when checked, it would execute the command just once with arguments set to concatenation of results of the arguments field evaluated for each and every item.

for example, at the moment, when i want to play multiple files in media player classic, i have to run it just on one, then select all the files i want to show (including the first one) and drag'n'drop them to the player's window.

given the new feature, i would just set arguments to "$(FullName)" plus a space and tick to have it executed just once.