Search is file properties

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.

Search is file properties

Post by Guest »

Hi everybody,

under windows it is possible to add additional text information to a file by right clicking/properties/file info.

If I do this the normal find function of Salamander can not find this information. Is this a known limitation or what am I doing wrong ?

Thanx,

Alex
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Post by Guest »

Okay, so the additional information is stored in different streams of the file.
And I guess that Salamander is not searching through the different streams of a file when I use the normal find function.

But the question still is: Is there a work around or will this feature be implemented in a future version of salamander ?

Cheers
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I will move this thread to Feature Requests section.

Post by Guest »

Let me just explain why I think it would be good if Salamander could search in all streams of a file (although it might be obvious).

Using the additional information makes it possible to add meta information to a file (project name, subject tags, etc) and then it becomes useful and necessary to be able to search for files according to this meta information.

Btw. the normal windows explorer find function does find text which sits in this extra stream.