Version Number as one of the Available Columns

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
showens

Version Number as one of the Available Columns

Post by showens »

First, let me express my great satisfaction with Salamander. As a long-time registered user, I have become reliant on this tool for my everyday work. It is absolutely the very first thing I install on a new system, and it is always the first thing in my Startup folder. Salamander is my Swiss army knife!

When working with code bases that are version-dependent, it would be very nice to be able to have the file or product version displayed in "detail" mode. This can be done with Windows explorer, but when you are used to Salamander and all that can be done from the keyboard, you hate to have to switch to the clumsier Microsoft program.

Thanks,

Steve Owens
MartinS

+1

Post by MartinS »

I agree and I would also like to see version number when overwriting one file with another (it is in TC)

Martin
jis

Post by jis »

It is planned in roadmap for Altap Salamander 2.53+.
- Custom panel columns (EXIF, MP3 bitrate, Access Time, File Version, etc.)
Altap Salamander fan since 1998
lehtja

Re: Version Number as one of the Available Columns

Post by lehtja »

This is highly needed feature over here too. Great if we get it in 2.53!
Patrik

Re:

Post by Patrik »

jis wrote:It is planned in roadmap for Altap Salamander 2.53+.
- Custom panel columns (EXIF, MP3 bitrate, Access Time, File Version, etc.)
Will it be implemented in the next revision as V2.53 has been done already and it was issued 2 years ago ...
Thank you
Patrik
MartinS

Re: +1

Post by MartinS »

MartinS wrote:I agree and I would also like to see version number when overwriting one file with another (it is in TC)

Martin
Can we have at least version number in the "Confirm File Overwrite" dialog, next to size, date and time?