APE-Tag display support for .MP3

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
APE-Tag display support

APE-Tag display support for .MP3

Post by APE-Tag display support »

Dear Salamander developer team,

most lossy audio formats that support the ID3-Tag (p.ex. .MP3 .WMA, .OGG) and lossless audio formats (.WV, .APE, .FLAC)
can also have an APE-Tag. This one includes some more infomation such as copyright and a JPEG image of the cover the audio CD had from which it was extracted). This JPEG can be of any size and resolution and is stored at the beginning of an p.ex. MP3 file. Is it possible to let Salamander display that tag when an .MP3 is selected and I press 'F3'?
This would be a really cool feature..

Please note that also Windows Media Player tries to get additional info about .MP3 and downloads covers in JPEG format, but those are hidden
and are not attached to .MP3 file but stored hidden in the directory where the .MP3 exists. This technology is propretiary and not called APE-Tag.

Regards,

Stephan
Ether

Post by Ether »

APE-Tag display support wrote:Please note that also Windows Media Player tries to get additional info about .MP3 and downloads covers in JPEG format, but those are hidden
and are not attached to .MP3 file but stored hidden in the directory where the .MP3 exists. This technology is propretiary and not called APE-Tag.
And I store my CD cover in the parent directory of the directory holding the MP3 file. It's not hidden, so it should be easier to implement.

Okay, just joking... a little bit.

+1 for extending the tag support
+0 for displaying WMP-stored cover (there are various complications)
Ελληνικά rulez.