Customise taskbar text

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Domgrief

Customise taskbar text

Post by Domgrief »

Could you add a configuration option allowing users to customise the title of the task in the Windows Taskbar (eg. "Domgrief - Desktop - Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 11 - Expires on Monday, 1 May 2006").

I've been happily using Servant Salamander for many years, and have just started doing a lot of work while logged in as a non-privileged user.

It's been great to be able to start SS up using the "Run As..." option in Windows, as the local administrator, in order to install programs or set file permissions as needed.

Frequently I find myself copying installation files over the network to a temporary directory using SS, and then browsing to that directory in another session of SS (as the administrator) to install the application.

So my taskbar looks like:
Temp - Servant...
Temp - Servant...

If I try running the program and then want to go back to SS, the only way I can find out which instance to use is to select one at random and then use Ctrl+; to go to "My Documents" and examine the directory name.

It would be great if I could customise the text (not to remove the SS info, just to append something to the start) so that my task bar looked like:

Domgrief: Temp - Serv...
Admin: Temp - ...