Hotkey to launch Salamander

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
roman2

Hotkey to launch Salamander

Post by roman2 »

I'd really like to be able to launch (activate) Salamander with a hotkey (e.g. CTRL+ALT+s -- should be configurable) when it's minimized. On Windows XP I used a hotkey for a shortcut that launched it, but it doesn't seem to work on Vista (it tries to launch another instance of Salamander instead of activating the running one).
th.

Post by th. »

Activate the option "Allow only one instance of Salamander at one time" (Configuration/General).
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

hehe :-) ctrl+alt+s my favorite shortcut too :-)
roman2

Post by roman2 »

That option has been enabled but to no avail.
th.

Post by th. »

Today I tried it on my office PC with Vista Business. If Salamander is open and I press the assigned hotkey again nothing happens at all (no activation of the running instance and no second instance).
I didn't notice this behaviour until today because I am using HoeKey (http://www.bcheck.net/apps/hoe.htm) for hotkeys. It allowes Win+x combinations (Win+s = Salamander) and is easy to set up.
With HoeKey the activation of a running instance of Salamander is working at least on my PC.