The copy path to clipboard function

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
hrc
Translator
Translator

The copy path to clipboard function

Post by hrc »

It is a useful feature that I can right click and copy the entire or a partial path to the clipboard.

But, on network drives, I'd prefer it to copy the UNC path, "\\monster\data\source" instead of "F:\Source". My colleges may not have the drives mapped the same way.
Attachments
UNC_Path.JPG
UNC_Path.JPG (12.64 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
KNUT

Re: The copy path to clipboard function

Post by KNUT »

hrc wrote:It is a useful feature that I can right click and copy the entire or a partial path to the clipboard. But, on network drives, I'd prefer it to copy the UNC path, "\\monster\data\source" instead of "F:\Source". My colleges may not have the drives mapped the same way.
Use CTRL+SHIFT+INSERT (See the Edit-menu for all options!)
Kind regards, KNUT

Did it do that?

Post by Guest »

The functionality was already there, fine.

When "copy to clipboard" on network drives I still think it should copy the UNC path. That way there's no uncertainty.

Using the <shift+ctrl+insert> shortcut I may have discovered a minor flaw. If I select a path and click on a file or directory before pressing <shift+ctrl+insert>, the path and filename is correctly copied onto the clipboard. Now select another network path. Using <shift+ctrl+insert> again, the previous path is pasted until a file or directory is selected. More logically it should copy the path with the filename.

BTW. I was a Salamander fan even before they began writing it! Beat that! :D
hrc
Translator
Translator

Re: Did it do that?

Post by hrc »

The guest was I
Go home Total Commander!