Command Line option to highlight File

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
Grey

Command Line option to highlight File

Post by Grey »

At the moment, I can issue a command to open Salamander with a particular directory open in either the left or right pane. I can do this by either specifying a particular directory, or a file.

It would be nice when specifying a file, if that file is highlighted within the pane.

I've written a database application which helps people locate files, and perform some simple operations on them, but sometimes they want to do something else with the file (such as move it or edit it with another application). At the moment, the most convenient way to do this is open an Explorer window where the file is easily highlighted.

Users who have Salamander though, want all the usual handy features that Salamander offers - quick viewing, copying/moving, send to favourite editors etc.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

You can start Salamander with parameters and specify file path. It will be focused (not selected) in the panel.

It is not exactly what are you asking for, but it can help.
KNUT

Post by KNUT »

Jan Rysavy wrote:You can start Salamander with parameters and specify file path. It will be focused (not selected) in the panel.
... and furthermore you can specify a full path to a file! 8)
Kind regards, KNUT