File Comparator - Easier Copy Selected Lines

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
therube

File Comparator - Easier Copy Selected Lines

Post by therube »

File Comparator (Ctrl+Shift+C) - Easier Copy Selected Lines Method

Copying lines feels quirky at best.

An easier method of coping would be helpful. Perhaps left or right clicking the line number(s). Perhaps either user selected, and or difference selected lines. Also perhaps the ability to only copy the differences rather the entire line.

Maybe left-click the line number would be user selected line(s). And would also work in conjunction with Ctrl & Shift to select individual/range of lines.

Maybe right-click the line number would be difference selected line(s). Automatically selecting all the difference lines in one particular set of differences. Again with Ctrl & Shift modifiers.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
KNUT

Re: File Comparator - Easier Copy Selected Lines

Post by KNUT »

therube wrote:File Comparator (Ctrl+Shift+C) - Easier Copy Selected Lines Method [...]
Try WinMerge in the toolbar (usermenu) with the arguments:

Code: Select all

"$(FileToCompareLeft)" "$(FileToCompareRight)"
Kind regards, KNUT

Re: File Comparator - Easier Copy Selected Lines

Post by therube »

Bump & add.

On a binary file, it would be nice to be able to copy a "textual representation" of the file contents.
As in, any copy operation quits when it hits a null byte ($00$).

So what I want to copy is:

Code: Select all

00 00 00 00   00 40 02 08  00
If I start my copy operation at the first $00$, I end up with nothing.
If I start at $40$ & continue, all I get is $40 02 08$ (it quits at the following $00$).

What I would like to get would be the textual representation, so: $00 00 00 00 00 40 02 08 00$

And further with options to include the hex part, the "text" part, & then only left, only right, or both panels.

IOW I like to be able to get a "textual" representation of this:

(BTW, WinMerge has the same failing in this case, can copy but only up the the null byte.)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54