Comparing two differently named files using internal plugin

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
bebe

Comparing two differently named files using internal plugin

Post by bebe »

Hi SS team,

http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=197 reminded me of one issue I'm experiencing when trying to compare differently named files in different directories using internal File Comparator plugin. I'm not sure it's a bug, but I'd vote for this to be "fixed". Let me explain.

:arrow: If I focus a.txt and b.txt in left/right panel without selecting them and try to run file comparator, there is only one file filled in to compare - the focused one in active panel (I know that fully functional workaround is to select the other file in inactive panel).
I expect the same behaviour as is now when I compare a.txt and (other version of) a.txt in left/right panel (focused only), where there are both prefilled.
Klettermaxe

Re: Comparing two differently named files using internal plu

Post by Klettermaxe »

Hi,

I like it the way it is now. The need to select the differently named file in the inactive panel always makes it obvious, which files will be compared, even if I am distracted for some reason before I start the comparison.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Moving this topic to Feature Requests.