file manipulation in the "files-find" dialog

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
tester

file manipulation in the "files-find" dialog

Post by tester »

Is it possible to modify file dates of ONLY the files that were found in the "find file" dialog ? how ?

Thanks
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

It is not possible using Salamander.

You can use the User Menu and call some external command line tool.

I'm moving this thread to the feature requests.
therube

Post by therube »

Norton Commander (DOS) Find File had a Send to Panel feature which would take results of the Find & well, send them to a panel.

Similar to the SS Filter... option, but the "filter" would be the file set of those found by Find.

WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
therube

Re: file manipulation in the "files-find" dialog

Post by therube »

PB38 + Find Files and Directories: it is possible to use Focus command when multiple items are selected.
Since there is no "Send to Panel" as described above, what is the criteria that determines what file is Focused on when multiple items are selected?
(Appears that it is the last file selected in the selection list.)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
mdruiter

Post by mdruiter »

The focused file is being, erhm, focused. That means the file with the rectangle around it. Probably always the file that is selected last.
Georgd

Post by Georgd »

I want to rename files that "Find" listed as matching my criteria. I am aware that "Batch rename" offers basic search functions, e.g. file masks like *.xml -- my search is too complex for batch rename filtering possibilities. Any of the following options would be an improvement, my favorites are bold
  • Activate F2 for find results, just like F3 is currently active. Suitable for a small list. Currently, my workaround is to press space, press F2, rename the file, switch to search using ALT+TAB.
  • Make copying file names (ALT+INS etc) work not only for single files, but a selection, so I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F6 in the panel to load the selection
  • Add "save selection" for find results, so I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F6 in the panel to load the selection
  • Add virtual folders/panels (e.g. like mail search folders in Mozilla Thunderbird)
As I guess virtual folders are much work: They are not urgent for me, I prefer them good over soon ;-)
Using Salamander since v 1.52
Georgd

Post by Georgd »

*bump* for having F2 (rename) and "save selection" working in find results. This would also allow to workaround for a considerable part of Search Results View Mode
http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?uid ... 05&start=0
Using Salamander since v 1.52