Salamander for U3-Standard

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
jeutix

Salamander for U3-Standard

Post by jeutix »

Hello Altap!

Wouldn't it be nice to release the free version of Salamander for U3-standards? Or for customers the actual version?

http://www.u3.com/

Greetings
Udo
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Moderator: Moved from General Discussion.
Tomas Kopal
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Tomas Kopal »

Well, for the start, Salamander should be able to run without installation (already possible) and without using registry (planned). Then it should be easy to run it from any USB stick, not only from U3, IMHO.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Tomas Kopal wrote:Well, for the start, Salamander should be able to run without installation (already possible)
Confirmed Image
and without using registry (planned)
Great to hear, very recomment :D
Stefan
Pleased user since v1.52        -   Licence# 0306-0046-01
Showens

U3 compatibility

Post by Showens »

Tomas Kopal wrote:Well, for the start, Salamander should be able to run without installation (already possible) and without using registry (planned). Then it should be easy to run it from any USB stick, not only from U3, IMHO.
I've just now discovered U3 (and also it became affordable for me!), and I would love to have SS run on startup, just as I do on my desktop(s). I've tried fiddling with the XML files in \System\Apps, but when I try to specify that it launch on startup, the launcher complains.

There's something specific in the .u3p format that the U3 environment likes. Some .u3p files actually launch .exe's, Maxthon for example.

SS is my Swiss Army Knife! I use it all day long, and I'd love to be able to take it on troubleshooting missions in the field.

There is an SDK and some docs. I have not yet looked at them, so I don't know what's involved with creating a U3-compatible version. I hope it's simple, such as creating a stub that simply launches salamand.exe