navigation_suggestion

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
cpb

navigation_suggestion

Post by cpb »

middle-click directory list via panel path.

pic:
http://www.snotbubble.com/cpb/salen_nav_suggestion.gif

-cpb
jis

Re: navigation_suggestion

Post by jis »

cpb wrote:middle-click directory list via panel path.

pic:
http://www.snotbubble.com/cpb/salen_nav_suggestion.gif

-cpb
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cpb/salen_nav_suggestion.gif on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Altap Salamander fan since 1998
cpb

Post by cpb »

link should work with opera
& mozila ... or try copy/paste.

-cpb
jis

Post by jis »

It is interesting, your link really didn't work in Avant Browser 10.2 build 52 for me, but it works in latest builds of IE and Opera for me. And it even works in Avant Browser when I clone "403 Forbidden" tab to new tab with Ctrl-N. But it didn't work in Avant Browser when I only refresh "403 Forbidden" tab which I get after clicking on your link. :?
Altap Salamander fan since 1998
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

Looks like some sort of Referer check to prevent leeching pictures on other websites :?

Back to the idea:
The idea is interresting, but especiall for me it's easier to go back using [Backspace], use Salamander's quick-search to look up the directory and open the directory using [Enter]. If I know the directory structure, I can do this blindfoldly ;)
Some remarks about your idea:
- you have to grab the mouse to use it :(
- when list of directories pops up, you need to look at it; look the directory name up and click on it
- some directories have too many directories to fit on the screen and I hate scrolling popup menus :(