Add CVS Tortoise cvs-state-columns in Configuration\Views

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
roman

Add CVS Tortoise cvs-state-columns in Configuration\Views

Post by roman »

Hello Salamander team,

please would you be so kind and think about following:

CVSTortoise adds CVS-columns in Windows XP explorer (look in more... in right mouse button columns choose in XP explorer).
It will be very helpfull to add this columns in Salamander to for users having CVSTortoise installed.
So one can see CVS file-status in Salamander.
Not only in the next version prepared "Icon overlays (TortoiseCVS, TortoiseSVN)" but the columns too please.

R.S.V.P.
roman
p.s. Btw.: choice from all the xp columns ;-)
Bruce

CVS-overlay-icons etc.

Post by Bruce »

I aggree with roman, that its important that servant salamander can show the (tortoise) CVS specific entries for CVS-controlled files and folders. For now i still need the windows explorer to manage CVS-data.

Greetings, Torsten Blank
jeffb

Re: CVS-overlay-icons etc.

Post by jeffb »

Agree with Roman & Torsten: (tortoise) CVS specific icons for CVS-controlled files and folders would be very helpful. For now still need to use the windows explorer to manage CVS-data.
Buster

Post by Buster »

When you are at it, please take also SVN into account :)
styson

Post by styson »

I agree on the svn inclusion. I use tortoiseSVN and I can perform all the standard cunctions from within Salamander, I cannot see the changed icons that tortoiseSVN uses to flag various directory and file status.
Dennis
Translator
Translator

Post by Dennis »

I second this feature request. I started on a project recently and it uses SVN. At the moment I'm using the explorer but I find it hard since I've been a long-time Salamander user.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hint only: do you know the Shift+F3 shortcut in Salamander?
(Commands > Open Folder > Active Folder)

SVN Icons

Post by Guest »

Support for the overlay/SVN icons would be greatly appreciated by everyone in our office!

Thanks,
Eric
hrc
Translator
Translator

Supporting CVS/SVN

Post by hrc »

No doubt that it would be nice to have icons-support for Tortoise.

Is this functionality found in your road map? If found, how high up? I’m trying to persuade my colleges into using CVS/SVN. Bundled toegether with SS they may grow to like it easier.

An alternative to shift-f3: I still use SS for most operations but when needing CVS (is SVN that much better?), I right click the source directory and choose the Windows !"¤#&¤!"%#¤ Explorer. I find this quicker that the short-cut.
Go home Total Commander!
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Supporting CVS/SVN

Post by Jan Rysavy »

hrc wrote:Is this functionality found in your road map? If found, how high up?
Yes, it is. We will a open poll for Salamander's 3.0 features. We suppose this will be highly demanded feature.

Post by Guest »

+1
svn feature is very important. shift+f3 is not solve of the problem.
zorglups

I vote for the ToirtoiseSVN support as well

Post by zorglups »

:?

Re: Supporting CVS/SVN

Post by Guest »

Jan Rysavy wrote:
hrc wrote:Is this functionality found in your road map? If found, how high up?
Yes, it is. We will a open poll for Salamander's 3.0 features. We suppose this will be highly demanded feature.
When do you plan to release this 3.0 version? Is it possible to purchase version 2.0 now and have free upgrade to 3.0 when it will be available?
Longtime User

Tortoise SVN

Post by Longtime User »

+1

I am a heavy Salamander user since 1999 and my client forces us to use TortoiseSVN. Its nice the right click menu options are available through salamander but the icon notation is really the power of Tortoise to show me what has changed. this feature would be greatly appreciated!