Find Dialog

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
mycetes

Find Dialog

Post by mycetes »

Would like the Intersect search [AND] set out on multiple lines with the word AND at the start of each line on the FIND dialogbox.

I would like this so that I can search across a whole directory for multiple strings in a set of files in one operation.

Would like AND, OR and NOT logical operations.

I would like a results screen, showing exactly where the strings were found in the files, with choice of single find or multiple find in a given file.

Would like Regex syntax checker.

Would like search extended into archive files [especially ZIP].
Georgd

Re: Find Dialog

Post by Georgd »

mycetes wrote:Would like the Intersect search [AND] set out on multiple lines with the word AND at the start of each line on the FIND dialogbox.

I would like this so that I can search across a whole directory for multiple strings in a set of files in one operation.
The last days I was evaluating "Directory Opus" as I got it recommended in several places. I won't use it (no efficient enough) but I like the UI for multiple search criteria. Maybe this is showing what you talked about...

first, you start with nothing. press on plus.

Later, you have a bunch of criteria. The cyan shows how the criteria are interconnected (no idea on how the nesting works, so x AND (b OR c) or (x AND b) OR c). All the other stuff (doument type related metadata info) etc is not important for me (and during my tests, it didn't work out that good) as this is the area for a desktop search engine, not any more of a file manager (altough Salamander may access the desktop search database for faster results)
mycetes wrote:Would like AND, OR and NOT logical operations.
Sorry, I don't get that - you have RegExp which includes all features of Boolean search?! :?:

BTW, for me, current Find will be sufficient when "Support for nested archives, searching in archives." of the ALTAP Roadmap is striked through :) /Georg
Using Salamander since v 1.52