Add support for SharePoint web folders

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
BernardVanderBeken

Add support for SharePoint web folders

Post by BernardVanderBeken »

Hello,

I noticed a related post [1] in Czech, but since I don't understand Czech I'm posting this here.

Windows SharePoint Services and Sharepoint Portal Server sites are the
first file locations that force me to leave Servant Salamander and use
Windows Explorer...

Could a plugin be created to support document lists from Sharepoint
within Server Salamander? Or is there a workaround for the
not-too-distant-future?

Best regards,

Bernard

[1] http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=6 ... sharepoint
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I think that Folders browser in panel from our roadmap will solve this problem. Another solution is to write special plugin for accessing SharePoint (like FTP or WinSCP).
Gynnild

Re: Add support for SharePoint web folders

Post by Gynnild »

I would really love for Altap Salamander to support browsing files in a SharePoint directory. This would greatly expand the posibilities of Altap, and make it much more useful in work environments.

Browsing SharePoint files & folders should work like browsing "ordinary" files in Salamander.

"Open" & "Copy" should work as normal, although "Move" & "Rename" should probably be locked, like it is while viewing files in a ZIP file.

I would strongly encourage the developers to add native support for this. It is supported in the native Windows explorer. I do not believe, that this will work just through the ability to browse folders, as it involves browsing files over some sort of web interface.
Ether

Post by Ether »

Gynnild wrote:I would strongly encourage the developers to add native support for this. It is supported in the native Windows explorer. I do not believe, that this will work just through the ability to browse folders, as it involves browsing files over some sort of web interface.
I believe you don't completely understand the meaning od 'browsing folders'. Folders in computer terminology are not equal to directories stored on the computer's hard/other drives. Folders include Control Panel, Desktop, Recycle Bin and other Explorer's extensions. However, I've never worked with SharePoint, so I can't tell for sure if it will work.
Ελληνικά rulez.
herrICH

Post by herrICH »

Translation of the czech answer from Jan Rysavy :

Servant Salamander supports just path type C:\, D:\, etc. and UNC paths in form \\server\share as well.

There is no way how to get there by Salamander, if Sharepoint could not provide path in these forms. Probably it would solve file-system pluginu implementation (such as FTP or WinSCP).
minion

Post by minion »

Hi

This thread seems to have started ages ago. Is there any barrier for developers to add SharePoint support?

I've been a loyal customer and am happy to pay extra for a SharePoint plugin. I hope this is something you will consider in you future updates.

I appreciate if you can share a status update with me here.

Thanks

Mehdi