Temp panel, transfer windows and some other requests

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
eblis

Temp panel, transfer windows and some other requests

Post by eblis »

I'm sorry if these things have been requested before ....
  1. Could you add a temp panel ? The features should be something like the ones found in FAR's temp panel. There are times when you need to copy files/folders from different locations to a single location. Doing it the manual way, copying one folder at a time would be tedious. The user could "copy" all files/folders to a temp panel - in fact only the link to the actual folder would be stored (removing an entry from the temp folder wouldn't detele the actual data, only the link) - check the size, manage the folders inside the temp panel and then, when finished, he could copy the temp panel to the destination. I know that something similar to the temp panel has been requested here but it doesn't seem to be the same thing.
  2. Is it possible to enable the command line inside archives/ftp sites/scp sites ?
  3. Could the transfer windows attach to the main window when you minimize them ? So they won't appear in the task bar, maybe another fake drive or something where all the transfers are showing (only the minimized ones).
  4. A process viewer with end/kill posibility - available in the drive menu, like the Registry browser
  5. NT Event viewer plugin to allow you to view NT Event logs.
  6. A cataloger plugin. It could take snapshots of CDs/DVDs and store them in a file and allow users to browse the content of the CDs/DVDs afterwards.
  7. And a dream ... Support for FAR plugins :D (maybe those plugins that don't directly interract with FAR's UI ?)
  8. CanonCam plugin ?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Thank you for your ideas!

Please look at forum rules: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=55
eblis

Post by eblis »

Aha, thanks for the link. I didn't see it, i just looked at the "before you post" thread in the Feature Requests section.

Hmm, if you're reffering to the first issue on that page (search, search, search :) ) then i did search for similar threads, albeit only in the Feature Requests section.
If you're reffering to point no 4 (one feature request per thread) i did see that one but i decided to go against it because i didn't want to create so many threads at once :) - given that it was my first post here.

If i think of more feature requests i'll post them one per thread :D. Should i delete this thread and create a different one for each feature request or should i leave it as it is ?

Thanks.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

...create a different one for each feature request...
That will be helpfull, thank you.
I will lock this thread now.