3.0B3, Full path is to long.

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
Robinzon

3.0B3, Full path is to long.

Post by Robinzon »

If I want to delete some Internet cache files folders I often get the message: Cannot read directory ....<Directory Name>.... (3) The system cannot find the the path specified, and than the message ...<Directory Name>.... with full path too long.

This has probable because the file path is longer than the supported 260 characters, but Windows is able to create the files, and the Windows Explorer can delete the folders without any warning or error, so why can't Altap Salamander not do this as well?

Maybe you can create a fallback routine, if the default AS delete function is not able to work, switch to an other one, or give a pop-up to the user to ask if AS may switch or something.

just my two cent.
SelfMan

Re: 3.0B3, Full path is to long.

Post by SelfMan »

This is more a unicode problem then the path length. Many such files have unicode characters in the file name and this is a known achiles heel of Salamander.