Bad handling of error "Unable to load Eroiica plugin"

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
mity

Bad handling of error "Unable to load Eroiica plugin"

Post by mity »

Hi,

as a developer, I understand the technical difficulties with 64-bit transition when dealing with 3rd party components. Fortunately I do not use Eroiica (well, WinSCP is another story but it is not subject of this report). However the way how Altap Salamander handles the error when a plug-in can not be loaded, causes big pain for me.

It is enough to move mouse cursor over the "Plug-ins >> Eroiica" menu item and the error that the plug-in cannot be loaded is displayed, closing the menu as a side effect. I guess it is because Salamander tries to retrieve the sub-menu items from the plug-in DLL. But this behavior makes using the menu very difficult. Please remove the "Eroiica" plug-in menu item from x64 build, make it disabled (gray) or whatever. But in any case: Do not display an error message box when user is moving with a mouse.

(Using x64 build of beta 3 on Windows 7)

Best regards,
Martin
mity

Re: Bad handling of error "Unable to load Eroiica plugin"

Post by mity »

Update: I solved it by removing the plug-in with Plug-in manager. (Well I noticed that after manually twiddling with registry).
But still, perhaps the import of configuration from older AS version might filter the plug-ins according to what it supports...

Martin
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Configuration is shared between x86 and x64 version, so you have removed Eroiica also from x86 version. Just for your information.

OK, I'll add some patch to prevent opening Eroiica submenu (WinSCP submenu is static, so no problem with loading module).
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Fixed. Eroiica and WinSCP menu items in Plugins menu are disabled in x64 version of Salamander.

Fix will be available in next version.