What will replace Eroiica Viewer in 3.0?

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
dbeko

What will replace Eroiica Viewer in 3.0?

Post by dbeko »

I just installed 3.0 beta 1 x64 version and see that this plugin won't be developed/included in 3.0; what is the plan to replace it? I use the Eroiica Viewer plugin every day in v2.54. Thanks.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: What will replace Eroiica Viewer in 3.0?

Post by Jan Rysavy »

For now there is no plan to support EV in x64 build of Altap Salamander. We can reconsider it bases on feedback...
gworley

Post by gworley »

I too am very disappointed that there is no way of quickly viewing things in the 64 bit version of 3.0. It is one of the reasons I use Salamander is that you can quick view things without launching the main program to see if it is the file that you are looking for. I currently see no difference in 2.54 and 3.0 beta.... the primary difference I see is a downgrade -- not being able to do things in a newer version that you can do in older version is a downgrade -- just like Apple did in it's current version of iTunes... I saw no reason to upgrade as features that I use everyday were gone. Without some way of viewing files quickly without launching the main program is a reason to not upgrade. I don't understand why you would include it the 32 bit version but not in the 64 bit version. Why cripple an excellent program like Salamander in the new architecture? It doesn't make sense to me at all. :?

George Worley
A loyal user since Servant Salamander 1.5
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

The Eroiica Viewer is based on x86-only rendering engine. We have no access to EV engine source code, not a chance to convert it to x64. The only solution is implement some x64/x86 proxy process as Jan Patera did for PictView plugin (PictView engine is also x86 only).
pffter

Post by pffter »

Jan Rysavy wrote:For now there is no plan to support EV in x64 build of Altap Salamander. We can reconsider it bases on feedback...
I'd love to see support for this so that's one thumbs up from me as feedback! :)
Peter