PB87 x64 run as Administrator

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
Brett

PB87 x64 run as Administrator

Post by Brett »

I recently upgraded my Windows 7 Pro installation to Windows 8 Pro so I am not sure if this was evident previously.

If I run PB87 x64 (3.0 beta 1) as Administrator then the Change Drive button on the Panel toolbar will not show any of the mapped network drives in the dropdown list. Running as a standard user will show the mapped drives.

Cheers,
Brett
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: PB87 x64 run as Administrator

Post by Petr Solin »

This is standard behavior. It is the same under Windows 7.

See also http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4085.
Brett

Post by Brett »

Strange, I always ran 2.54 on Windows 7 as Administrator and the mapped drives were shown.

Guess I'll have to live with that.

Cheers,
Brett
Ether

Post by Ether »

On my Windows 7x64, drives that are set to Reconnect at logon are shown in both standard and elevated instances of Salamander. They're still two distinct drives (for example, one can be connected and the other one not yet connected at the same time), but the mapping from the drive letter to the network path is in both. I haven't tested anything that needed entering or remembering credentials though (Windows authenticates me silently).

On the other hand, I recently worked with other installations of Windows 7 and noticed a problem where a mapped network drive (also set to Reconnect at logon) wasn't available in an elevated instance of regedit.exe (which could've been caused by the network drive being just disconnected, not non-existent). I hope to look further into the issue, but I don't have any of those systems at hand.
Ελληνικά rulez.