PictView does not show animated GIFs

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
Textor

PictView does not show animated GIFs

Post by Textor »

In my installation of Salamander 3.0 beta 1, the PictView plugin (2.11 beta 1) does not seem to render animated GIFs any more.

When an animated GIF is selected for viewing, PictView's screen remains empty, like no file selection had been made.

The File --> Properties dialog still shows information about the file, although the DPI value is given as "unknown".

Can other users replicate this problem?

Here is a repository of animated GIF's for trying out PictView: http://www.gifs-paradise.com/
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: PictView does not show animated GIFs

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I'm unable to reproduce this problem with PB87 x64 on Windows 7 x64. Could you please specify the GIF image?
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

I can confirm the problem - no one of animated GIF I have tried is visible via PictView (PB87 x86 + Windows 7 x64). Here is an example.
Textor

Post by Textor »

Jan Rysavy wrote:I'm unable to reproduce this problem with PB87 x64 on Windows 7 x64. Could you please specify the GIF image?
Yuriy can reproduce the problem, so it probably only occurs in the x86/32-bit version of Salamander 3, which is what we are both using.

He has Windows 7 x64, I own Win 7 x86.

The particular GIF should not matter, I tried several of different sizes and complexity, but none was rendered by PictView.

P.S.

Yuriy, your linked-to animated GIF is not currently available:
You don't have permission to access /animated_gifs/raccoons/animated-gifs-raccoons-13.gif on this server.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Yes, I can reproduce it on x86 version of PictView. We'll fix it. Thanks for report!
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Fixed, thank you for this report.