PB79 Thumbnail View

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
nighthawk
Translator
Translator

PB79 Thumbnail View

Post by nighthawk »

If i switch the folder view to "thumbnail" no preview is shown with picture files like jpeg etc.
Salamander only shows the icon of the associated program (irfanview in my case)
Works fine in 2.54.

Dirk
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: PB79 Thumbnail View

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Thumbnail are provided by the PictView plugin (not included in x64 version) so it works only in the x86 version of Altap Salamander.
We are working on x64 PictView version.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Thumbnail are provided by the PictView plugin (not included in x64 version) so it works only in the x86 version of Altap Salamander.
We are working on x64 PictView version.
For the record: The 64-bit early-access version released at the end of July 2012 (i.e. few days after this post) already contained PictView.
roberto.anzola

Post by roberto.anzola »

Hello, I'm using A.Salamander 2.54 but I cannot see the thumbnails in the right frame. I looked in the Plugin list and do not see PictView.
I also tried several places for the download as suggested in the various posts but no luck.
I'm running on windows 7 64 bit.
Any good hint?
roberto.anzola

Post by roberto.anzola »

Hello as i cannot see PictView either the thumbnails in the right screen. Was PictView delieverd meanwhile? I use Salamander 2.54
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

roberto.anzola wrote:I looked in the Plugin list and do not see PictView.
In Altap Salamander choose Plugins > Plugins Manager command. Click the Add button. Choose pictview\pictview.spl file and click Open button. It should add PictView plugin into Altap Salamander 2.54.
roberto.anzola

Post by roberto.anzola »

Jan, thanks but i tried that alreday a while ago but I do not have the SPL. Maybe is because is not licensed to us? (ISIS Papyrus Europe).
Can we talk via email? *email deleted*
thanks
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Yes, it seems so. I will contact you on email.