AS 3.0 Edit files on remote servers

Try the latest development release to test new features and bug fixes even before beta version release. Please use this section to discuss features and problems of this Preview Build version.
Forum rules
Please read forum rules and a few additional rules for this section:
1. Please take into account that Preview Build versions of Salamander and plugins could contain serious bugs. Don't use them in production environments.
2. All problems or comments regarding Preview Build versions please insert into this section of forum.
3. Each new topic mark with PB abbreviation and Preview Build number, for example "PB22: inactive panel below mouse cursor doesn't scroll while mouse wheel tilting".
pandronic

AS 3.0 Edit files on remote servers

Post by pandronic »

The one thing that I've always felt missing from Altap Salamander was the ability to edit files on remote servers. I've complained to the creator of WinSCP in the 2.x days and he said that this feature was missing from the plugin API ( http://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10359 ).

Is this still the case? Is this feature coming to AS 3.0? In combination with Sublime Edit or Notepad++, it would make Salamander 10x more useful for me as a web developer.

Cheers
pandronic

Re: AS 3.0 Edit files on remote servers

Post by pandronic »

Well?
Slanec

Post by Slanec »

Yes, still the case.

If you work with a particular project for a long time, the best thing you can do now is to set up synchronizing your local developing environment with the remote server.

If you just need to edit a file here and there on this server and that server, there's no way to do it from Salamander I know about.
truhlik

Post by truhlik »

+1 for remote editing.
AD7

Post by AD7 »

Remote editing is available.

1. download full version of WinSCP http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
2. in settings set your default editor(s) for any extension(s) you would open to edit file.

Works like a charm. :D
PS: The only difference is, you have to open file for direct editing in WinSCP.